The Daily Redskin 2.1.10
I couldn’t help it. The first thing that flashed across my mind when I read that stud DE Julius Peppers is likely leaving Carolina ...
“Damn he’d look good in a Redskins uniform.”
Bet I’m not the only one.
The retorts/questions immediately followed of course:
● You serious? Does “offseason champs” ring a bell?
● Dude, you build through the draft.
● I don't care if it is an uncapped year–we'd pay too much.
● He’s 30, an 8-year vet. If Carolina’s willing to let him go he must be washed up.
● Why can’t we find our own Julius Peppers for once? (then again, maybe we did)
So yeah ... probably not a smart move. Defensive End and/or Outside Linebacker (hey we're going 3-4, right?) aren't priorities–not for Big Free Agent Dollars anyway. We need offensive linemen; a corner, a running back ... hell, a quarterback.
Plus he’s, like, old.
And it totally smacks of, well ...
But the mental image is there.
Peppers. Haynesworth. Orakpo. Carter ...
Four Downs: NFC West
18 hours ago